Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Love is liberating; ego holds on.


I love, love, love this saying.  It’s my new mantra.  Primarily because I make everything about “me” and I need to stop doing that.    It’s easy enough say “other’s people stuff is their stuff, mine is mine”.  But in real life, my ego has a tendency to make everyone’s stuff about me (see projecting blog).

I have to remember to love everyone enough to let go so I can be free.  I do not have to be “Marge in charge”.  Holding on doesn’t change other people, places and things and letting go doesn’t either, but it offers me the peace of mind I need to be centered and healthy.

I am not all-knowing enough to be the director of life.  Quite frankly, pretending to be is exhausting enough because, try as I might, I don’t have that kind of control.

There’s a line in a Van Wilder movie that has always stuck with me – “Worrying is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere.”  Man, said like that, worrying doesn’t sound very attractive and I can find better things to do with my time.

It’s ironic how when I stop making other people’s issues about me, I’m forced to look at myself.  So there’s the “selfish  me” and then there’s the “just being with me”.  WTH?

No comments:

Post a Comment